Saturday, June 19, 2010

Are you a seasoned hairstylist?

If so I have a question for you. I've worked in the beauty industry for 5 years and in that time I've worked with many different kinds of people. Right now I work at a store that personalizes in wigs, hair pieces, hair extensions, ect. Today these two old women came in together to see if they could find a wig. I must've tried on over 15 different styles and colors on one of the women, but nothing was good enough. I got frustrated after 45 minutes of their nit picking, as is the case with some people (it seems like they're never going to be happy). I bit my tongue today as I always did in the salon. I thought it was me, when I worked in the salon that maybe I just can't do hair, but now I'm starting to wonder if its the person. Synthetic wigs are manufactured to look perfect. What I'm wondering today is, some folks seem to have a nack for making these old hens happy, what is their secret. How do these so-called "people persons" click so well with everyone they come across. Any tips?



Are you a seasoned hairstylist?

Hey I know the feeling. There are those who are easy to please and then there are the elderly who seem very picky and rude. I am not sure how I tend to win these people over, I just try to make them feel young and hip as if you had a 30 year old in your chair that was feeling old. I found that if you think they are gonna be a bother to deal with when they walk in they will sense your fear like dogs! Ha Ha, but seriously, they are a good judge of character and if you can relate to them it helps. I treat all the elderly as if they were my own grand parents and make them feel like they are the only client you have.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment