Saturday, November 28, 2009

Damaged Hair - Need Help!?

I have a major hair dilema and need some help please!



Been using gel (cheap drugstore stuff) and hairspray for years. Had hair died darker to cover grays at the salon a month ago, no lightening. I have curly, dry frizzy hair. That's why I always slick it back with the products. Washed and conditioned hair the other day. Put in my Aveda Hair Protector before blowdrying straight. Back of the hair came out okay and smooth but the front is all dry and sticky and looks very very damaged and like it was about to break off! I am mortified. I want to fix this. I washed it twice with shampoo to try and get and residue out and tested a piece at the front by blowdrying and same thing happened! What do I do? I want to start wearing it curly again, but I need to know how to help my poor damaged hair and what products to use to have nice curly hair?



Can someone offer some advice? I am very upset!



Damaged Hair - Need Help!?

Honestly the first thing you should do is get a free consult with a professional and find out what they suggest after they assess the actual damage to your hair. It could be something as small and using a stripping shampoo and remoisturizing. Or, it could be something more intense...like needing a reconstructing conditioning treatments and hot oil. Whatever they suggest you need...you can either have them do it...or buy the product from them...( cheaper in the long run) and do it at home yourself. Bottomline....you need to use good professional product and stop using the cheap stuff in the store.



It sounds like your hair is a little overprocessed but not so bad that it can't be corrected with the proper products...:) Good luck.



Damaged Hair - Need Help!?

i had my hair colored and it is breaking off to so i know how you feel first of all stop using the gel and go with a moisturizer ...get a good shampoo and conditioner you have to be willing to spend money on it..... wash and condition your hair every week ...sit under the dryer when conditioning hair.... when you moisturize your hair dont weight down by using too much ... GOOD LUCK



Damaged Hair - Need Help!?

for now dont use any hair products and dont dry it with a blow dryer ur causing it more damage just wash it, i suggest tresemme and leave it to dry naturally . if ur going out pull your hair up and use hair pins to keep it in place!! no hairspray

No comments:

Post a Comment